Robert Crabtree advocates on behalf of persons with special needs. He represents families of children with special needs. Mr. Crabtree served as law clerk to the Honorable Walter J. Skinner of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Mr. Crabtree is a frequent lecturer on various topics related to special education law and regularly presents to parent advocacy groups. He is also the author of numerous articles concerning special education law and advocacy and has spoken widely on related subjects.
In May 2005, Mr. Crabtree was a co-recipient, with Mr. Kotin, of the Martha Ziegler Founder’s Award given by the Federation for Children with Special Needs, recognizing their part in the origins of Chapter 766 and their “decades of dedication to students with disabilities and their families.”
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Foreword, to Judith Canty Graves and Carson Graves, Parents Have the Power to Make Special Education Work (Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2013).
- Contributor at www.familyeducation.com and www.wrightslaw.com
- Contributor to Massachusetts Special Education Reporter
- Contributor to Federation for Children with Special Needs Quarterly Newsline
- Have the Purposes of Chapter 766 Been Achieved?-An Invitation:
- Managing Your Child’s Special Education Documents and Records, ExpertBeacon, Inc.(2013).
- Special Education: Advocating on Behalf of Students & Parents in SCHOOL LAW IN MASSACHUSETTS (Rhoda E. Schneider ed., 1st ed. 2003; 2d ed. 2012; 5th ed. 2014) (with Eileen M. Hagerty)
- Do’s and Don’ts for Teacher-Advocates (Part Two), 31 Fed’n for Child. with Special Needs Newsline, no. 4, at 1 (2011).
- Teachers Who Advocate: Protections and Suggestions (Part One), Vol. 31, No. 3
- Treatment of Applied Behavioral Analysis Under IDEA: Has Recent Peer-Reviewed Support for Intensive Behavioral Approaches Given Parents a Right to ABA Services for Children with Autism? (2010)
- Recipient of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPPA)’s 2017 Diane Lipton Award for Outstanding Advocacy
- Chosen as Super Lawyer® by New England Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-Present)
- Recipient of the Martha H. Ziegler Founder’s Award from the Federation for Children With Special Needs, Inc.