Melanie R. Jarboe
- Tel: 617-227-7031
- B.A., History, 2005 Occidental College, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- M.S., Teaching, 2007 Pace University
- J.D. 2011 Boston College, cum laude Editor-in-Chief, Boston College Journal of Law & Social Justice (formerly known as the Boston College Third World Law Journal)
Melanie Jarboe represents families who have children with special needs as well as individual clients with disabilities. She counsels and assists individuals and families with a wide range of special education and disability law issues, including navigating the team process, eligibility for services, the development of appropriate accommodation plans, mediation, and litigation before the Bureau of Special Education Appeals. Prior to law school, Ms. Jarboe taught elementary school in Harlem.
- Contributor to Massachusetts Special Education Reporter
- Private School Students May be Entitled to Special Education and Related Services, 32 Fed’n for Child. with Special Needs Newsline, no. 4 at 6 (2012).
- Expelled to Nowhere: School Exclusion Laws in Massachusetts, 31 B.C. Third World L.J. 343 (2011).
- Collective Rights to Indigenous Land in Carcieri v. Salazar, 30 B.C. Third World L.J. 395 (2010).
- Cornelius J. Moynihan Award for outstanding editorial work on publications, Boston College Law School, 2011
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association